Saturday, July 15, 2006

Summer in the city

Man, I can't believe how busy I am this summer. When I'm not working @ FCAC, I'm @ Empire. When I'm not there, I'm at school, when I'm not at school, I'm with Mike.. when I'm not doing all that, I try to get some schoolwork done... and when all that's either done, or not getting done, or whatever... I'm watching hours upon hours of X-Files because, well... because I can.

The parents are still avoiding any contact with their only child still on the North American continent. But I have received confirmation that they are, in fact, still alive, and so that is a very good thing. :)

I've been listening to an assload of Snow Patrol lately, mainly because their song "Chocolate" is on the trailer & the teaser for The Last Kiss, for which I'm counting down the days. This will be THE movie for me. When Garden State came out, Zach was a nobody for me, so, that caught my attention. Then, the recent obsession with Scrubs adds to the anticipation for this new flick. Did I mention I've already hung the poster up, thanks to the most delightful boss-man, who knows me well enough to know that I want nothing more than a sexy Zach Braff on my wall, above my bed, where I can stare at him and dream of the bad things I could to do him, if I'd ever be given the chance... ur... what? maybe I'm going a bit too far with this. Must be the heat.

Speaking of the managers, I had a dream that suggested I was addicted to work. I don't really want to go into it, but, maybe those people at Ottawa U's dream lab will have a little something to say about it, when I hand in that dream report thing I've been filling out over the past couple of days.

Wow, hair dye is fun!! (I just dyed Miltonia's hair, & didn't do that bad of a job, I must say. ;)

Anyway, little sum up of what's been done lately:

My presentation for POL went well, I mean, nobody sitting in the class really wanted to be there, but I'm under the impression that I make the same bored expression when everyone else is presenting. Ah well, at least I got them up to stretch a bit, mid presentation. I can't believe some of the bitches in that class who think they're too goddamn important to follow the flow of standing up and stretching, because why? because, your rep is at stake? Why are people in Ottawa so uptight,?!? My SOC TA thought I was from the East Coast, she told me. She said she recognized her own. I told it was probably because I was destined to live there or something, but that, being as how I am from Niagara, I couldn't associate with her Eastern heritage and whatnot, even though I probably would have liked to. Anyway, she commented that people in Ottawa are all wound too tight, and I've got to agree, whole-heartedly. PEople around here need to extract the probes for a day or 2 and Re-freakin-LAX!!

Only now do I realize that there's something wrong with the website and that I can't change the font or add pics, and that pisses me off, because what if this post doesn't um... post? Oh well, I'm too tired, and it's too hot, for me to give a damn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Canadian Daughter,

Mom and I are fine. I have found cold beer! Mom's knee is getting better. Another castle tomorrow.
Pam's pictures Tuesday. Glasgow Wednesday. And thank God-Canada and air-condioning on Thursday.

Be good!
Dad