Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Old


What the hell am I doing, already being a bridesmaid? Dina - I'm going to get you for making me feel all old and stuff. For what it's worth, at least she isn't making me wear seafoam green. (like that commercial.. remember? yeah... THOSE were the days) Anyway, check out the dress she's going to let me wear:

If it looks half as good on me as it does on this broad, then I'm all set!! :D

I guess this brings about a discussion on new beginnings. I officially live in two different apartments as of today. The hard part is going to be moving all my shit out of this one into the new one. I think this will bring some seriouly good changes to my time in Ottawa, because let's face it, my history, since I've moved to Ottawa, has not been built upon having great roomates. I mean, most of them were good, but everyone has their breaking point, I think. Everyone gets to the point where it's like, if you don't know someone well enough, and you're still living with them, the relationship has the possibility of going to ways: If you made the effort to get to know the person, you can build a friendship that could potentially last a long time. But this can't be entirely dependent on your actions, it has to be reciprocal. If, for example, your roomate doesn't make the attempt.. and say, gets drunk alone, has sex loud enough that you can hear it when you're trying to take a dump or makes you want to throw them off the balcony, OR, say, they, being deeply involved with another individual, ignore you, leave school, work in the chocolate business, get married and move away OR sicken you by the their general outlook on life, women, religion, politics and society, well then... the relationship doesn't have much chance of flouroshing. If, on the other hand, an effort is made - then potentially a lot of good can come from it. But again, it's not entirely dependent of one individual. I suppose this is the ridiculous nonsense I try to rationalize as I leave a big chunk of who I am in Ottawa behind and try for a totally new way of existence. Starting with the new job and now with the new apartment, I'm looking forward to what's to come. Even if it means going to school in the summer, at least I know I'll even have a couple new pals there to help out when the going gets tough and what not, and to share in common enjoyment of silly things, like Trailer Park Boys, or ... jokes about buying cookies and such. But now I'm just babbling.

I had lunch today at Baton Rouge, we took one of the ladies out who will shortly be taking off on maternity leave. It was a lot of fun. This new place is so much better than the last... the work is more satisfying (abeit still not totally connected to PoliSci), but the people there make me feel, and I know this is corny, like I'm actually part of a team. It's good to feel that way. One of the ladies I worked with even said she would for sure take me back if ever I wanted to do another work term with them. I mean, I've not even been there a month, and I'm busy as hell there, but it's just GOOD, you know? Except, it won't give me much time to work on my work term report... not like making ID cards did... in the middle of July, .. when everyone's gone on summer vacation... and I was enjoying the weather indoors, ALL SUMMER LONG!!! But that's in the past... let's get over it, shall we?

Happy birthday to Paul Okrutny tomorrow. I'll be working all day so I probably won't get the opportunity to say it to him. I hope Romeo Dallaire sends you a card or something, now that you two are best buddies.... wish I were best buddies with someone like Romeo Dallaire, but NO, I have to be best pals with a girl making me feel damn old lately, (doesn't this tie in nicely) but who, I'm sure, is going to be dancing on a cloud for the next year or so, even though she's driving me nuts asking me for all these measurements and deposits and wedding gifts and .... nah, I'm just kidding. LOFE DEEDEE.

Anyway, Brie goes to sleep now because she works a double tomorrow and gets the keys to her new place.

Everybody was kung-fu fighting... (and so forth) (MMMMMMmmmmmmm JD)

Does anybody read this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul Okrutny... funny how one hears all of these names and knows so much about them without having met the person :/ Craziness.

If you want me to make you a bridesmaid too... :P

Where are you living now, and what's yer setup?