Saturday, February 11, 2006

Glimpses into the past/present

I often wonder what's become of people I used to know.
Have you ever just gone and checked out old friends' and acquaintances' MSN MySpaces in an attempt to have a brief glimpse into the lives of people who were once involved with your own? It's quite remarkable to see certain transitions. I wonder things like, why does she have a beard and sideburns? Why does she try to show those off so much? How come he got a tattoo? Why is he still jumping into oncoming traffic? They're still hanging out there?
Then you wonder if they're out there having a good time with their lives, and if they ever take a minute to think about you, or how you've influenced their lives, even if in the slightest way.
Most of the time, I don't think they do. I assume people are just too busy, self-involved or distracted. But that's just what I think.
I suppose there's a chance though. If I do it..someone else must.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dude - that's deep, brah.

Anonymous said...

"Have you ever just gone and checked out old friends' and acquaintances' MSN MySpaces in an attempt to have a brief glimpse into the lives of people who were once involved with your own?"

Without wanting to sound stalkerish or anything, yes I do.

Anonymous said...

I think I would definately fall in the stalker catagory... but in the cute charming way,and you know the one you secretly love, and still think about at night, and that put's to many "and's" in a sentence with out ever really ending it until, now. I'm just always on the go now! I never know if you girls are actually online! but I should check rather than wonder eh? and I will put words into action starting... now by posting! hope to chit chat soon =P

Lot's o' Love from the strange little irish boy