Saturday, January 28, 2006

Whipeout!

Let me tell you something . . . I am in LOVE with THIS man:

Ugh.. I've been watching so much Scrubs lately, I feel I should switch out of poli sci and into medicine... but I've never been good at science, and it's just flat out a silly idea to begin with, so I'll just stick to poli sci for the moment. . .

But what's so good about poli sci? I mean, who is there to look at in politics? (because that's what's important!!!) All the attention is focused on freakin Harper now, and he's not particularly pleasing to the eyes (albeit better than Martin was) and how HORRIBLE was it that he was sent to the (not private) hospital the other night for an "asthma attack." 1) Faking an illness shouldn't a priority for your political agenda and you probably shouldn't joke about shit like that. 2) Even if it was a real asthma attack, I mean, great. Our new prime minister is a sissy! Fantastic.

That being said, I'll now mention something completely off topic. The Rideau Canal was open yesterday for like, a couple hours on account of the fact that it had been cold for a bit, but now it's back up to like 5 degrees which is MENTAL, but also pretty fucking awesome!! Except that I didn't spend anytime outside today.. but yesterday... yesterday I went skating for the first time in 2 years because I was too lame to go last year. Anyway, After a hard time getting Mike's skates on (a former hockey player, eh?! pfft...) we skated for quite a while til we found a BeaverTails stand that was suprisingly still open at 11 pm, which is awesome. The whole event built up to this most ridiculous moment when I was racing Mike to get to the bench, and, in spite of our continual comments on how the canal was starting to thaw and there were patches that weren't quite skate-able on the ice, I got stuck in one of these sed spots and took the most amazing whipe out. I was quite impressed! Although I think my neck is paying for it today, it was still v. blog worthy.

And how I'm going to hop into my hideous green and yellow circus-like polo shirt and head down to the Rideau for some good ol' fashionned popcorn bitchin'. Too bad I lost my hat. No stress about that though, I'll just take my mind off of it by thinking about staring at this man...:


Oh yeah... that's what I'm talkin' bout!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woot, luv scrubs, but it turns out there really can be to much of a good thing