Sunday, February 19, 2006

I see a white wall and I want to paint it... red?

Though I should probably be working on my modern thought essay, I discovered the following when I read up on painting one's room red, which is what I spent my afternoon doing. . .

Choosing a colour to paint your room:

Red - Bright and bold, red suggests vitality and aggressiveness. It can be a bit overwhelming for an entire room, but if you have a bedroom that you want to convey amorous vibes, it's a unique way to go. Deep, subtle shades of red such as burgundy and maroon are perfect for living rooms. At its worst, red is: too dramatic.

I guess even red paint at its worst is better than the colour I'd originally wanted to paint my room:

Black - You probably like heavy metal, S&M, or some combination thereof. Either way, it's way more than we want to know about you. So don't paint a room black. It'll freak people out. Black walls also tend to look dirty because dust shows up very clearly.

A combination of heavy metal and S&M ... yeah.. that's me allright...
We used to have this bedroom at my cottage that was painted black. It was absolutely the coolest room in the entire building. Man, I miss that cottage damnit. Like, the nasty, uncomfortable, yet totally awesome green couch in the master bedroom, the windows in there, the room where Minzer always used to hide under the bed and Pam would drag him out by his tail, the tiny room with the board games, rummoli, MAD magazines, rotary phone, only flushing the toilet after number 2s, and that freaking AWESOME black room. GAH, we should have kept those curtains...
... memories..
Regardless, the new room's looking pretty good as it is, red. Though there are some spots that look darker than others, and Mike and Milton are saying it's probably because we only put on two coats, and only one can of paint, but whatever... I think it looks awesome and so do they. It'll look especially good with my new Walk the Line poster hung up. (FINALLY)

That being said, I'm going home this weekend to see my daddy perform in the PCOS's rendition of 42nd Street. Any of Brie's back-home-blog-readers interested in tickets should let me know. I'll be going Saturday night, if anyone cares to join. :) It'll be a good trip back home, but a quick one, so that I can be back on time for work and to go the the orchestra! (How cultured am I?) Except that my accompaniment for the performance is worried I won't shut up through the entire performance thus embarassing him and his tremendously talented beau. (Thanks for the vote of confidence...)

Anyway, busy week ahead, so I'm going to try and make sense of Carl Schmitt's text here and hopefully pull off as well a grade as Thomas More got me... (not likely, but there's always hope!)
(Big HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout-out to Seanners who turned the big 22 yesterday. Hope all is well, even though I'm sure you don't read my blog)

No comments: