Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back to Reality

Driving back to Ottawa from a lovely few week Christmas Holiday was probably one of the best trips I've had coming back to this city. Everything seemed to go well; songs were being sung, people were chatting, we arrived safely and all was well. We got home, and enjoyed an evening of Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, and then, as if to say "Welcome home Brie," a shitload of snow dropped, along with the temperature in an effort I believe was meant to say the following:

Brie, you may have enjoyed yourself over your little vacation.
But that all stops now.
So take that.

And I did.
And I will continue to take it, because I can't control the weather.
But one day...


Oh well, I guess what I'm trying to say is that shit happens, and that even though I had a great time back in the good ol' Niagara Region for the Holidays, one must always remember that play has to be earned, I suppose. And I guess that's what I'm doing here. Earning my play time.

Play time was pretty sweet over the Holidays though, I must say. Except for everyone in my family getting the flu. . . but seeing the WHOLE family countered that, watching the 40 Year Old Virgin over and over did too. So did catching up with old pals, and finally spending some time getting to know new ones. And.. I'm homesick already...

I'll post some photos of the fun times that were had as soon as they get processed. But for now, I'm going to go watch some Scrubs, because I'm addicted and I like to imagine Zach Braff naked.

So, because I missed blogging when I should have been saying this:

Merry Christmas all! And all the VERY BEST for 2006!

No comments: