Thursday, November 17, 2005

Public Servant's Creed

A PUBLIC SERVANT'S CREED
'This is my stapler. There are many like it but this one is mine. My stapler is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my stapler is useless. Without my stapler I am useless. I must staple stuff with my stapler true. I must staple straighter than my co-workers, who are trying to staple better than me. I must staple him before he staples me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my staple and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviours of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, pass the highlighters!

Footprint said...

"s-s-s-s-someone stole my stapler..."

Anonymous said...

why have i heard that before?