Sunday, October 30, 2005

Murphy's Law : Plans

- If you make the perfect plan, something, if not EVERYTHING will necessarily go wrong.

So, what's the deal with nothing EVER going according to plan?

I've been living out here in Westboro, just over a year now. Too far away from everything, in my opinion, but a great location nonetheless, safe and quiet and all of that. But when the opportunity presented itself a) with one of the roomate's near-certain attitude about moving away come January and b) with the other roomate only intitiaully intending to stay on the lease for four months, I c) decided to arrange plans to move into a January-ready apartment downtown. Everything was swell. I wouldn't have to worry about finding a roomate last minute... ultimately...a stress-free situation.

... or so I thought...

Now it turns out that a) the roomate's not planning on moving out of Ottawa until March so he would find it very convenient if he could stay where we are at present, b) the other roomate's found a sweet job nearby and would probably rather stay here as well but c) I made plans to move downtown which, AREN'T certain because just recently, I found out that the room either won't be available, or that I'll have to find somewhere else with the friend I was intending to move in with. This might all sound a bit confusing, but let's sum it up by asking a simple question. Why not just STAY WHERE YOU ARE, Brie?! If it works out for the other two roomies. Why screw them out of a good situation? Well I'll tell you why... because I've ALREADY HANDED IN MY FREAKIN 60 DAYS NOTICE because ALL this horsesh*t was brought to my attention DIRECTLY after I handed the fucking thing in!

As Charlie Brown put it best:
"AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

It doesn't help that my mountain of homework is still hovering over my head - and that I've still got mental amounts of shifts both for the government and at the Evil Empire this week. I don't need extra moving fuss.

I don't want to be the freakin bad-guy in all of this! I don't want to ruin a good thing going on, a good rapport between friends and roomates. We had plans!!! Why do they ALWAYS fall apart??!!?!?!!

All of this is driving me to drink, let me tell you, which I will, let me tell you, tomorrow night, let me tell you, on Halloween, dressed up as Princess Leia Organa accompanied by my very own Darth Vadar, where hopefully, for a brief lapse in time, I won't be worried about or stressed out about all of this.

Bring on the candy corn and Rockets!! It's PUMPKIN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: