Saturday, October 08, 2005

Just me and the toenails

You know it's going to be a good day when you're forced to sit on a crowded OC Transpo bus next to the guy horking up lung phleom for the entire duration of your bus ride. Or even better, when you sit down to breakfast first thing in the morning, set your bowl of cereal down on the table to find your roomates finger nail clippings right there next to your Corn Pops. Yes it was a dreary day to day in Ottawa right from the get-go. And tonight, I come home to an empty apartment, everyone gone to their family's big turkey dinners, and I'm here, alone, with a bunch of disgusting nail clippings on my table.

It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't decided to switch my Wednesday shift at the Revenue Agency to come into work today. But that's what happens when you have to study for a test in which your main fear is that you won't understand the wording of the professor's questions because, despite her being a fully qualified political scientist, hasn't quite mastered the language in which she is teaching. I'm paying for an education here. I would think that I would AT LEAST get a professor who can speak my language. Apparently that is too much to ask.

A bunch of drunken moronic Carleton students (or so I'm to assume) came to the theater tonight to cause shit in Corpse Bride. (Yes, Corpse Bride, not Corpse's Bride, or Corpses Bride, there is only one bride, and she is a corpse. Anybody who can't read it, should probably not be going to see it in the first place. Idiots.) Anyway, so these morons come to see Tim Burton at his finest just to get completely trashed and as I stand there trying to figure out the way these morons' brains function, I get to thinking... Maybe that's what I'm missing in MY life. Maybe all I need is a little bit of excitement, a little bit of going to a movie theater to get wasted when there's a pretty freakin decent bar scene not two minutes away. Maybe that's what it means to be really cool. And then I get to thinking futher... Man... I hope my boss brings in the last season of Voyager tomorrow so I can finish it and find out whether or not they make it back to Earth.

Well...at least I know I have my priorities straight.

I was hoping to get a whole shitload of work done this weekend, reading, writing, cleaning the nails off my table, and all that, but I pretty much screwed myself over backwards by asking to take on a couple more shifts at the Evil Empire this weekend. Wallace and Gromit just came out and what with the Holiday, it's going to be packed with children begging their parents for more pop, "MOMMY I WANT CANDY," "no honey, candy is bad for you, why don't you listen to mommy and just drink some water?" "SPARE ME THE MUMBO-JUMBO BITCH AND JUST GET ME SOME F*%$&ING CANDY," "of course dear, anything you say." Spoiled freakin brats. When I was young, I was lucky if I get a kernel of popcorn and taffy pull. In all honestly, I'm not sure what a taffy pull is. Nor do I know the difference between toffee and taffy. Maybe someone can help me out with this.

Oh well, I'm sure the weekend won't be all bad. At least I'll be able to find out what happens after Janeway's assimilation. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

toffee is that stuff used in certain fancy coffee's and is usually brown. it's like hard caramel or something. taffy is this stretchy stuff that's just sugar and artificial flavour v. popular in new jersey ie salt water taffy (pink in colour) we didn't get mush of it back home