Friday, March 10, 2006

OCTranspo Zoo

I hate the bus.
Tonight, riding home, there were these two middle-aged couples on the bus, looking at all us young people like we were animals in a zoo.
"How fascinating, these poor creatures taking public transit. It must be horrific not being able to drive around in a Mercedes SUV like we do usually, but it's Friday, and we wanted to go out and paint the town red at our lively polka-night bar, drink two drinks and try to re-live our youth. Then when we're too tipsy to drive our expensive car home, we'll take the .. what do you call it? oh yes, the b..us home and stare at the creatures on it, as if they were from another planet. How nifty!"
God, what a week! As it turns out, I will in fact, be seeing Coldplay on St. Patrick's Day as originally planned. There was the possibility that I might go to Moncton with work that weekend, but instead, they asked my supervisor (who hadn't even asked to go) to take the trip instead. I mean, I'm not pissed, cuz it turns out I get to go to Coldplay, but it's good to know the real worth of an eager co-op student in the public service.
Also, I found out I can't go to Dina's bridal shower, which makes me feel like shit because I feel I should be part of all these plans and I should definitely be in attendance, but at the same time, it kindof makes me sad to know that everyone will be able to attend this except myself, and I can't help but feel a bit left out that there wasn't a time that could have accomodated everyone involved, including myself, like... on a weekend.. or at least a Friday, but I don't make the plans, so I get to sit here in Ottawa and think about the fun all the ladies together are having giving Dina fun household appliances and naugthy underpants and the likes...
I've had a stiff neck all day, making it physically impossible to turn my head past a certain point, which is incredibly inconvenient. It really fees stressed when I'm at the computer, so I'll probably keep this short. Besides, I have to be getting to bed because I intend to spend all day writing my essay about Hobbes, Lenin and the State tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get called into the theatre, where we now offer fresh vegetables in a dish as a combo... because that's what every person craves at a movie theater... broccoli...
Man, everything's just too ridiculous.
I feel like banging my head against hard objects to see if it helps make sense of anything..
... but it never does...

No comments: